Generally, the most common type of fixture in a household bathroom is a shower-tub combination – it’s practical, efficient and allows for a long bath and quick shower options; however, there are such disadvantages. While it’s feasible for families with children, it can cause difficulty for the elderly, particularly those with mobility problems.
For some homeowners, taking away the bathtub may not be ideal; nevertheless, it will completely change how a bathroom looks and functions – there will be more freedom, new space, and improvement in using the previous bath-shower enclosure. Before converting a bathtub into a shower, here are the pros and cons to help you decide.
- Helps sore muscles to relax.
- Ideal for bathing small children.
- Available in various sizes to cater to all bathroom sizes.
- Freestanding units can be placed anywhere – they are finished on all sides.
- A wide range of design – style, material, tile surrounds.
- Plenty of special features, including air jets, whirlpool versions, etc.
- It may be difficult for the elderly and people with injuries to get in and out.
- It consumes much space.
- It requires much water.
- A water heater with an adequate capacity to fill the tub with hot water is necessary.
- It can be time-consuming to fill a tub and bathe.
- Lessens water consumption compared to bathtubs.
- Quick and convenient.
- Easy access for people with mobility issues. Also, it can be set up with grab bars, non-slip tiles, and benches.
- Small footprint (although there’s currently a trend towards large, luxurious stalls.)
- Available with multiple high-end features, such as rain showers, jets, and steam options.
- Not ideal for a household with children.
- Shower doors require cleaning and maintenance to keep them from visible lime and calcium stains.
- Leaks can be a pain to fix. They must be adequately set, appropriately glued, and allowed to dry for the proper amount of time – causes no way to bathe for a lengthy period.
In most homes, the shower gets used far more than the tub. A relaxing bath after work can be appealing; however, one cannot indulge and take time to enjoy a long bath often – it rarely happens to most people. Moreover, some people consider baths as a waste as they don’t get utilized. Hence, it may not be a significant investment.
Before converting your tub into a shower, allot time to weigh the options – which type of buyers may get interested in buying a property down the line?
If you have decided to convert your bathtub into a shower, and looking for a team to remodel your bathroom in Placentia, California – we are here to help! DURACARE Baths provides a convenient and affordable service that allows homeowners to upgrade and improve their bath enclosures in as little as one to two days. Our team uses durable, chemical-resistant, and impact-resistant acrylic products that are low-maintenance and easy to clean. Call us today on (800) 791-2538, and we will ensure a smooth process in making your bathroom suitable to your needs.