Often, nasty smells are found flowing in musky places, particularly the bathroom. As a result, this part of the home gets irritating and intolerable at times. Today, people use DIY bathroom air fresheners to combat these unpleasant odors. Not to mention, these air fresheners are available in various scents to help keep the surroundings beautiful and pleasant.
Here are easy to make DIY scents to help you keep your bathroom fresh.
Lemon-Rosemary Simmer Pot
- A small stockpot
- One lemon
- Vanilla extract
- Fill the pot about two-thirds full of water.
- Slice the lemon and a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Add the one-half tsp. of vanilla.
Let this mixture simmer all day to fill the rooms with a heavenly scent – it can last up to two days.
Scented Wood Blocks
- Scented oil or perfume
- Small paintbrushes
- By either painting or spraying it on, cover the woodblocks in the oil.
- Please put them in a closed container with extra oil.
- Shake it up to make sure they are coated.
- Let it sit in the oil overnight so that everything is absorbed.
To refresh your woodblock over time, add more oil.
Oil diffusers are a simple solution that does not require heat or an open flame.
- Baby Oil
- Essential Oil
- Bamboo Skewers (or diffusing rattan sticks for better scent)
- Ribbon & Washi Tape (optional)
- Fill your vase with essential oil (as much as you want).
- Fill the remainder of the vase with baby oil.
- Place washi tape at the end of the skewer and fold over (for decoration).
- Place skewers in the vase then tie a ribbon around to finish.
The oil will diffuse into the room up through the skewers.
Cinnamon Stick Candles
This Martha Stewart craft is just simple to make.
- Pillar candle – at least 3-inches in diameter
- Cinnamon sticks
- Floral shears
- Glue gun
- Dish or coaster
- Measure candle height – cut cinnamon sticks to size with floral shears. Typically, it requires 20 lengths per candle.
- Run hot glue along with cinnamon stick – affix it vertically to the side of the candle. To minimize melting, set it to low temperature.
- Once the first stick is dry, glue next stick snugly against it – repeat to cover candle.
- Place the finished candle on a dish or coaster.
It’s not just aesthetically pleasing; you will smell the glorious cinnamon!
Baking soda is not only useful to make the fridge fresh; it can make any room smell new as well.
- One-half cup baking soda (per jar)
- The essential oil of your preference (eight to 12 drops)
- Mason jar
- Scrapbook paper
- Tapestry needle
- Scissors and pen
- Take the scrapbook paper and trace out the inner lid of the mason jar – cut out that piece of paper.
- Pierce the small piece of paper with the tapestry needle – it will make holes so the scent can waft through.
- Pour about one-half cup of baking soda into the mason jar.
- Add eight to 12 drops of essential oil of your choice – start by adding less oil. Add a bit more if not strong enough for your room.
- Place the scrapbook paper inside the mason jar ring and tighten it onto the jar.
- Gently shake up the baking soda mixture.
This air freshener is more natural than chemical sprays. Plus, it’s flameless!
If you are looking for a team to improve and remodel your bathroom in Fullerton, California – our team is here to help you out! DURACARE Baths provides the most convenient and affordable service that allows homeowners to upgrade their bath enclosures – in as little as one to two days! Our team uses durable, chemical-resistant, and impact-resistant acrylic products that are low-maintenance and easy to clean. Call us today on (800) 791-2538, and we will ensure to provide you the bathroom enhancements that will be suitable to your needs.